Introduction

Hello~
I'm a martial arts enthusiast, even though I've only recently have had contact with them. I love to exercise, I do a lot of cycling, and try to keep myself healthy, even if I'm a bit of a sweet tooth.
One particular style that caught my attention was Taekwondo, sadly I haven't had the time or chance to practice it (university, exams, social life (if I still have any), sleeping... etc.), thought of joining a dojo, or whatever, but I'm having troubles joining one, meanwhile I heard my university had a teakwondo team, i should think about joining it...
Another style that got my all fired up was Tricking. I'm a huge fan of video gaming, and i'd be lying if i said there isn't a connection between my wish to learn martial arts and my games. There's this character in Tekken, Lili rocheforte, I believe, whose fighting style really stands out, I got curious and tried to identify it. Sadly the style was fictional (and probably impossible to reproduce in real life), but i wind up finding something very interesting. Apparently this character's fighting style is something like "Monegasque Tricking". "The hell is tricking?" apparently is some sort of fusion between acrobatics and martial arts! Now I'll be honest, I never really tried gymnastics, hell, even doing a back roll was too much for me, but some of those tricks...wow, I mean, I may break my whole body trying, but I gotta try and learn to do those!
That's when I had the mind-blowing idea of trying to mix these two styles! (*cue for gasp*) Tricking doesn't seem to be designed for hand-to-hand combat, in fact, most tricking 'combats' are actually stunt competition, still that's pretty awesome. It may not be a good style to ...y'know kick a crook in the face, but its still something worthy training. Taekwondo on the other hand, seems to be what you'd expect from a martial art, lots of flying kicks, punching in the face, explosions , etc... Tricking seems to take some moves from Taekwondo, like the 540 kick, which pretty much leaves me wondering "Well...how can i mix them further?" the answer lies in the heart of battle , I'm just making shit up, I have no idea, guess I'll find a way once I actually start training. After all, who says I can't? Yeah...and when I get them right, I'll give it a really cool name, yeah, and I'll participate in some tournament, just so people beg me to teach them, or something like that.
Right now I should start with the basic, before i try to go all chun-li on my backyard, tricking seems to take a lot of body strength (whoa, shocker) and flexibility, well since it's a form of gymnastics (I think...? Hope no one gets offended by all my blabbing, gosh, I bet I said a bunch of crap...) I should try to do those basic moves everyone seems to be able to do! But before all that i should actually come up with a plan, I'll post it later once I've figure it out. I'll also try to phase out my training both for tricking and for taekwondo, so i can have an idea how advanced (or not) i am, and how much I've developed. Hmm...yeah, seems like a good plan, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only self-taught martial artist wannabe around there...right? Who knows, i may actually do this!!
Think I've ran out of blabbing ... oh and the free running thing? Yeah, I dig that too... Will also try to train that! walking on walls, matrix style, all for the style *puts glasses on* Ah~*

Think that's all... Please look forward to see my development...or my utter failure. Something may come out of this, stick around you may have some fun!
Also, I'd very much appreciate if any practitioner (of either styles) gives me some tips or opinions~ Or just some random person's opinion...that's fine too.
Anyhow, Thanks and stay tuned please!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment