Day # 1, The Hand stand

ugh...Good God! My ass hurts, my back hurts, my legs and arms hurt, and that's really, really awesome! WOHO! Sure the pain sucks, I can barely stand up without having my ass complaining, but, hey, no pain no gain!
On to what's important, I was really excited about starting the train, so of course I decided to start doing the most awesome stuff (The Front handspring), of course, needless to say I didn't succeed... I just couldn't, I'd get my feet on the air, and I'd either fall or my feet would go back, depending on how much strength I'd kick into the air... Of course I realized I was missing something.
So I decided that I should be a little more humble and try to do more basic stuff, namely the handstand, i realized the handstand is some sort of gateway skill, once I've learned this, I'll probably be able to do some more complex moves, like the Front/back handspring.
Still... even the handspring is being a bit of a trouble, I can't handle more than 1-2 seconds with my feet in the air... I assume it might be cause my core needs to be strengthen... So I'll try to do some workouts like the frog stance and isometric workouts.
Well, after falling a lot trying to make it work I've come to a few conclusion that may serve as tips:
  • Don't raise your head too much, you'll lose balance, try looking up at your hands (when you have your hands on the floor that is...)
  • Keep your legs together and straight! Sometimes my legs would fall over and I'd just lose all my balance and fall.
  • Don't over-strain yourself, just don't, take your time... You'll just get tired and frustrated, then you'll stop caring and you might even get hurt. So, seriously, take your time. (I mean, I was all day out there trying to do this, and only managed it like 2~3 times) Guess the keyword here really is Patience.
  • Just don't give up, I was told Tricking is really frustrating to learn for some people, and everyone's learning speed varies, so it's understandable that people quit, since they don't see much results...
Well...guess that's all I've learned today... I'll keep practising the hand stand until I'm confident enough to try something else. Either ways I've still got plenty of time 'till I hit the deadline.

0 comments:

Post a Comment